Some points of interest for those self-righteous, indignant, clueless, angst-ridden, striking fuck-tards ruining the university experience for the 2/3rds of Quebec students who still believe an education is a privilege you earn and not a right owed to you...
- As far as I know, Quebec already has the lowest university tuition rates in North America.
- Keep this up, and Montreal will soon see soldiers in the streets, and deservedly so.
- I was once a university student in Montreal. I had issues with "authority" but I took my anger out on many a video game machine at the various arcades downtown at the time. (Yeah, I'm dating myself, I don't care.) And I always, ALWAYS, remembered that I was one lucky s.o.b. to be able to receive a university education at bargain-basement prices compared to the Ivy League schools in the states and elsewhere.
- Who the fuck do you think you guys and gals are? Oh wait, I know. You're no one. That's why you're all so pissed at the system and capitalism and imperialism and, perhaps, mercantilism and numerous other "isms" that don't fall into your neat, neo-communist, insecure worldview of equality for all; as long as that equality means descent into mob rule and the elimination of societal progress.
- Karl Marx has been proven wrong so many times, it's scary.
- You've made Montreal into a joke of a city.
|Karl Marx, in repentance|
I mean, seriously, you idiots, if you all put half as much effort into either working part-time jobs to pay for your courses – in order to one day work at better-paying jobs and the fulfilling careers of your choice – or protesting some real problems, say like noisily demonstrating in front of the Syrian or Iranian embassies, you could probably achieve some good.
Instead, you're all choosing to act like mindless animals. Did your high school classmates tease you so mercilessly that this is the only way to get revenge? Or, maybe the majority of you are being used as "useful idiots" (if you don't know the term, look it up; it's something you learn in university) by a cadre of sociopathic, keffiyeh-wearing, professional agitators who've made it their life-quests to stir up shit, just because. Really, these guys exist. Their sole purpose is to become irrationally outraged by a flavour-of-the-month cause and go at it like a dog on a bone, usually sweeping up gullible youth along the way.
|Quebec: Now with more Middle East|
People, the world is not out to screw you. The world is sometimes an unfair place. Always has been, always will be. But the answer is not to smash windows, intimidate your peers and cause havoc in major metropolitan centres. The answer is to work hard, bear down in your studies, humble yourselves and stop believing you're owed the whole world on a platter just because you're a precious soul.
Suck it up. Get the hell back to your desks and better yourselves. Because one day, when history looks back on your actions, the only one hurt by all this, will be you. And when that time comes, I'll have fries with that, thanks. Now where's my change?
And to you, dear Premier Charest: What are you doing capitulating to these clowns?!? My god man! Remind me never to hire you as a SWAT negotiator or seek advice from you should terrorists demand endless concessions from the province. You spineless twit.
MAY 20th UPDATE:
Yup. Bill 78 now in force. Meaning: Police now using more force. Gives both hot-headed police and the above-mentioned idiot rioters more motivation to cause bodily harm. Yeah, this'll go well.